It was my first real lace project and I did encounter a few problems early on, mainly a dropped stitch that needed rescuing. But after that I ploughed on and was going well until I reached the border, at which point I made a major error in the pattern, but knitted another 15 rows before I discovered it. When I finally spotted what I’d done, I threw the thing into my WIP bag in disgust and didn’t touch it for several months.
I pulled it out again at the start of this year, took a good look at my notes (yes I did actually make notes), before deciding that I was still angry with it, so I stashed it away again.
I finally picked it up again a couple of weeks ago, and marvellously, the angry feelings I had towards the stupid messed up lace seemed to have melted. I mean look at this lovely yarn…
It’s Posh Yarn ‘Eva’, which is a lovely cashmere/silk laceweight. It’s impossible to stay angry forever at a yarn that lovely.
So a couple of weeks ago I started tinking back on the project. It was slow progress as I’d not used a lifeline (note to self, use more lifelines!) and un-knitting 15 rows of lace at the wide end of a shawl does take a while. But finally, on row 12, I realised what I’d done, it was a simple case of missing out two YO’s in one of the repeats. A little thing like that caused all the trouble!
So I fixed that problem, and finished the shawl. Simple as that. And here it is, finished, blocked and lovely. And now I want to make another one… I must be crazy!